Monday, February 13, 2012

Fueling with French Fries:

The University of Central Oklahoma has recently developed a Biodiesel Fuel Program with the production capability to power many of the diesel engines on its campus. Recycling vegetable oil into biodiesel started with an idea and has led to producing over 150 gallons of biodiesel a month at the University.
Carl Shortt proudly displays biodiesel produced from used vegetable oil
I met Carl Shortt in Santa Fe.  He was from Oklahoma attending a photography workshop I was teaching at the Santa Fe Photographic Workshops.  During a morning coffee break I over heard Carl talking about biodiesel.  He immediately had my ear.  Carl enthusiastically shared his story with me.  He extended an invitation to visit the University and see their operation first hand.  On my very next trip through Oklahoma to work in Bokoshe, I called Carl to accept his invitation.

Fueling with French Fries tells the story of three guys sharing an idea using recycled vegetable oil to help save and preserve the world we live in. Click here to view their story.  

be strong, be safe, Carlan

No comments:

Post a Comment