Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Into Seattle:

Following the China Express into Seattle I was in familiar territory.  In the early 80's I established my commercial photography studio in Pioneer Square within a short walk from the rail route.  Sometimes when a freight train rumbled through we had to stop shooting and wait for the vibrations to settle.  As I drove back to the old locations I had known so well change was very apparent.
Rail crossing Seattle
Scoping meetings for proposed route have raised voices in the community
Ferry traffic must exit across the proposed rail route
Rail draw bridge at the Ballard Locks
Many condominiums line the waterfront along the rail
Liz Talley's home overlooks the rail along the Puget Sound
I have spent two days here with old friends and met new ones, including Liz. Liz is concerned about the future of her home. I will share more of her story with you after I complete the route.

be strong, be safe, Carlan

No comments:

Post a Comment