Thursday, August 1, 2013

High Plains Highway
From Lamar CO north across Nebraska Highway 385 is know as the High Plains Highway.
Green landscape now in my rear view mirror.  Miles flat and straight.  On the distance a cloud of dust.  Farm truck approaching the highway.  He waits until I pass.  A friendly greeting.  A smile and two fingers lifted from the steering wheel.
A country where the great buffalo once roamed.  Hard times for the early sod busters.
Signs along the road.  Site of Apache relocation camp. No snow plows from 5PM until 7AM. One Nation....
Kickstand down for the night in Bridgeport, NE.  Zeth runs the Bridgeport Inn for his parents.  Checked me in. Ran my credit card.  Gave me directions to a local cafe. With a big smile... "thanks for spending the night with us."

be strong, be safe, Carlan 

No comments:

Post a Comment