Monday, May 23, 2011

Riding For Ron:

In Illinois the past two days on Route 66. Yes, finally made it to the Mother Road. Before hitting the Mother Road I had the opportunity to see some special people in Missouri.



Wanda Mullendore is married to my cousin who passed away last fall. She and Ron both rode Harleys. I called Wanda and we talked about meeting when I came through. She had not ridden since Ron passed. "I have been thinking of selling the bike since Ron is gone. Battery needs a charge, tags have expired". I asked her...why don't fire up your bike...we'll ride together for a while for Ron. She did...and we did. It was great seeing and riding with her. We stopped along the road when she needed to turn around. I looked and caught the smile in her eyes. As we gave each other a parting hug... She looked at me and said..."I think I'll keep riding the bike now".

be strong, be safe, Carlan

No comments:

Post a Comment