Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Heating Up:

At I rode through the beautiful Southwest the past two weeks a common thread was weaving it's way through many conversations I had with local residents. Temperatures are much higher than "normal".  I know I certainly kept drinking a lot of water and kept a watchful eye for shade to stop in.

This morning I came across some very interesting statistics that bring the story together.

"A blistering March sets more the 7,700 U.S. daily-high temperature records.  More than 90 cities set monthly-high records.  Average temperatures are at least 10 degrees warmer than normal."

"The 12-month period from May 2011 to April 2012 is THE HOTTEST IN U.S. HISTORY".

"Carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere reach 391 parts per million, the HIGHEST IN 800,000 YEARS."

"As of May 8, our U.S. House of Representatives have passed 209 anti-environmental bills making the current Congress the most anti-environmental Congress in the history of our country."

I certainly would like to get our Representatives out on the road so they could experience just a small part of what I saw.  It is time.

be strong, be safe, Carlan 

No comments:

Post a Comment